Westsidedad

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Tiger Woods' dad, Earl Woods, died this morning. He was 74. In a posting on his web site, Tiger states:
My dad was my best friend and greatest role model, and I will miss him deeply. I'm overwhelmed when I think of all of the great things he accomplished in his life. He was an amazing dad, coach, mentor, soldier, husband and friend. I wouldn't be where I am today without him, and I'm honored to continue his legacy of sharing and caring."

A nice article in the Washington Post notes that Earl Woods often said "I make it very, very clear that my purpose in raising Tiger was not to raise a golfer. I wanted to raise a good person." Earl Woods raised a good person and an amazing golfer. He can serve as an inspiration to fathers everywhere about the impact we can have on our children.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home