Westsidedad

Thursday, May 04, 2006

McDonald's. I took the kids to MickeyD's last night (my wife was at the Dodger game with work friends). My younger son, who said he was tired of appearing in my blog, tried to hide. No luck. Inquiring minds want to know. My teenager was bubbling over with "yer momma" jokes. Sample: "Yer momma's so stupid, she flunked a survey." These remind me of the Henny Youngman jokes. "My wife is so fat, when she sits around the house, she sits around the house." Anyway, he was in a good moode. They had cancelled biology class because a girl spilled perfume on her desk (the teacher is allergic to any kind of scented products). Also, a girl from the Y had called him to remind of the Youth in Government meeting. OK, so it was just a reminder call, but it was a young lady on the phone. Reminds me of a great line from Fran Lebowitz:
As a teenager, you are in the last stage of life when you will be happy to hear that the phone is for you."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home