Westsidedad

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

My son working on his science project. I can report that he did almost the entire project on his own. He conducted the experiment (blowing up a water balloon) by himself and wrote up the description and conclusion by himself. I helped with the initial cutting and pasting and gluing, but once he got the hang of that, he finished it himself. My wife's friend told me I shouldn't write about my kids because "nobody likes reading about other people's children." I disagree. Decades ago, when I was a young newspaper reporter, the editor would say on a hot, slow summer day "Nothing's happening. Go out and get a picture of a kid with a dog. People love kids and dogs." Also, have you read People magazine lately. At least 50% of it is about the children of celebrities. And they probably have their nannies do their science projects.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home